It is purpose that created us, purpose that connects us, purpose that pulls us, that guides us, that drives us; it is purpose that defines, purpose that binds us. We are here because of you, Mr. Anderson. We’re here to take from you what you tried to take from us… Purpose!
Ironically, this blog post has no purpose except to give myself a starting point to write. I really love this scene from The Matrix Reloaded and wanted to use it to give myself an alternative to having to find a song lyric.
To keep alive a moment at a time
But still inside a whisper to a riot
I’ll admit, I’m going to take lyrics I want out of a song, whether it matches the context of the song or not. I do what I want. Continue reading
VH1 gave us a lot of things… Continue reading
So the impossible happened today. Gary Kubiak makes a move that goes against the grain of what you would have expected from him. There was some foreshadowing… Continue reading
As I sit for what will be inevitably the 24th hour of work this weekend, I have to wonder, WTF am I doing with my life. I just gave up an entire weekend to babysit two technicians that are setting up the phone system at work. While I’ll probably stop complaining in 2 weeks when I get my check, I had things around the apartment I needed to get done this weekend. I got up Saturday morning and thought, “OK, I’ll go in, they’ll be done in 4-5 hours, and I’ll go home, do laundry, clean up, fix some things I’ve needed to get done for a few weeks”
Here I am, nearly 24 hours into my …!!!! THEY’RE DONE! I CAN GO HOME! I’M FREE!!!
…Sorry what was I saying? Gotta go. *Submit* *Shut Down* *EXIT*
These links are not contagious, you will not need to go see a doctor for clicking these links.
- P1 Podcast – TyMo and Pretzel have started their own podcast revolving around the people and different things that make up the 1560 The Game experience.
- The Somewhat Manly Nerd – An interweb acquaintance of mine who’s got some pretty awesome takes on baseball, popular TV shows, and hating Avatar. Check out his GIF section too.
- 15 years ago today… – Dave Hardisty breaks down what happened on Valentine’s day, back in 1995, when the Houston Rockets traded Otis Thrope for Clyde Drexler. Great read.
- NBA All Star Weekend 2010 – Friend of mine headed out to Dallas this weekend to take part of all the All Star festivities. Jealous? Yes I am.
- Windows Phone 7 – Engadget’s live coverage of Microsoft Windows Phone 7’s press event. Details about the phones and the Operating System itself. Feb 15th – 8:00AM Central
- Grooveshark / Pandora – Music sites to help speed the day along. Pandora will create a playlist based on song or band, while you can choose your own songs on Grooveshark.
Let’s just say one of my previous posts was me jumping the gun a little bit. But with the news I heard, it seemed like an inevitability. Oh well. Life doesn’t look so grim now. Mini update completed.
Anyone that has known me for more than a few weeks can pretty much tell you that I listen to sports radio from time to time. Those that have known me for the past 11 years, will tell you that I may be a bit on the obsessive side. Continue reading
So I essentially found out last friday that I may or may not be out of a job the last week of May. Essentially, the nameless company that may or may not employ me, lost the contract for the nameless account I may or may not support, to another nameless company. In other words, my current company (in my opinion) would have no reason to keep me, unless another spot came up at a different account. Which is entirely possible, but well, in this economy, you can’t assume you’re going to have a job when you wake up the next morning. Continue reading