So take me away, I don’t mind
But you better promise me, I’ll be back in time
I only write in this thing when I have something going on. Mostly. I only publish when I have something going on. I have my weeks/months where I don’t necessarily feel like anything is wrong, I just want to be to myself except for the few moments where I come up for air. Though lately it’s gotten deeper than it normally does. Despite sticking to home and small events, I generally will tweet or instagram up a storm, but lately I’ve pretty much fallen off the face of the earth, mostly. Tweets, which have at times been in the range of 20+ per day, have averaged out to about 3 per day over the past 3 months, and even that was usually on Sundays or during Rockets games. Continue reading
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear.
And I can’t help but ask myself how much I’ll let the fear
take the wheel and steer.
It’s driven me before,
And it seems to have a vague, haunting mass appeal.
But lately I’m beginning to find that I
should be the one behind the wheel.
Good news, everyone! I’m unemployed after October 31st.
It is purpose that created us, purpose that connects us, purpose that pulls us, that guides us, that drives us; it is purpose that defines, purpose that binds us. We are here because of you, Mr. Anderson. We’re here to take from you what you tried to take from us… Purpose!
Ironically, this blog post has no purpose except to give myself a starting point to write. I really love this scene from The Matrix Reloaded and wanted to use it to give myself an alternative to having to find a song lyric.
To keep alive a moment at a time
But still inside a whisper to a riot
I’ll admit, I’m going to take lyrics I want out of a song, whether it matches the context of the song or not. I do what I want. Continue reading
VH1 gave us a lot of things… Continue reading
So the impossible happened today. Gary Kubiak makes a move that goes against the grain of what you would have expected from him. There was some foreshadowing… Continue reading
As I sit for what will be inevitably the 24th hour of work this weekend, I have to wonder, WTF am I doing with my life. I just gave up an entire weekend to babysit two technicians that are setting up the phone system at work. While I’ll probably stop complaining in 2 weeks when I get my check, I had things around the apartment I needed to get done this weekend. I got up Saturday morning and thought, “OK, I’ll go in, they’ll be done in 4-5 hours, and I’ll go home, do laundry, clean up, fix some things I’ve needed to get done for a few weeks”
Here I am, nearly 24 hours into my …!!!! THEY’RE DONE! I CAN GO HOME! I’M FREE!!!
…Sorry what was I saying? Gotta go. *Submit* *Shut Down* *EXIT*
These links are not contagious, you will not need to go see a doctor for clicking these links.
- P1 Podcast – TyMo and Pretzel have started their own podcast revolving around the people and different things that make up the 1560 The Game experience.
- The Somewhat Manly Nerd – An interweb acquaintance of mine who’s got some pretty awesome takes on baseball, popular TV shows, and hating Avatar. Check out his GIF section too.
- 15 years ago today… – Dave Hardisty breaks down what happened on Valentine’s day, back in 1995, when the Houston Rockets traded Otis Thrope for Clyde Drexler. Great read.
- NBA All Star Weekend 2010 – Friend of mine headed out to Dallas this weekend to take part of all the All Star festivities. Jealous? Yes I am.
- Windows Phone 7 – Engadget’s live coverage of Microsoft Windows Phone 7’s press event. Details about the phones and the Operating System itself. Feb 15th – 8:00AM Central
- Grooveshark / Pandora – Music sites to help speed the day along. Pandora will create a playlist based on song or band, while you can choose your own songs on Grooveshark.